...and then the magic colour was added and this is what it turned into...
... a wonderful "Pergoda Red", at lest that's what the colour is called on the dye packet. It took darker in some places than others, but I like the effect.
And because my first attempt was such a ripper I did it again with some Heirloom 4ply cotton. It went from this...
... to this after I suspended half of it in violet coloured dye.
It's not a really intense colour but it is darker than the pictures show. This cotton is destined to become some fingerless gloves - pattern from Tess Dawson's Crochet Designs: 25 Must-have Items to Make. There will also be plenty of yarn left over to make a shawlet, perhaps an Ishbel by Ysolda.
For both lots of yarn I used Dylon on the stovetop.
I've now been bitten by the hand dyed yarn bug!!!