Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easy Eyelet Cowl/Mobius

As promised, here is the new cowl/mobius pattern I have been working on.



It is a simple eyelet pattern which is in multiples of two stitches. Here is a close up of the stitch pattern.



It can be worked in any weight yarn (I used Malabrigo Twist Aran/ 10 ply - nice and smooshy soft) and any even number stitch count (I cast on 102 stitches). To give it a softer drape, I used 7mm circular needle rather than the recommended gauge.



Easy Eyelet Cowl/Mobius Pattern

Cast on an EVEN number of stitches. Twist the cast on row 360° (this makes it a mobius, you can skip the twist if you want a straight cowl). Join to knit in the round. Place stitch marker to indicate end of row.

Row 1: Knit (K) all stitches.
Row 2: *K2 stitches together (K2 TOG) Yarn Over (YO). Repeat from * to end of row (don't forget the last YO). Slip marker (SM).
Row 3: Repeat row 2 until desired width. 
Row 4: K all stitches. SM.
Row 5: Cast off loosely.

A word on blocking: depending on the yarn and needles you have used and your knitting style, you may not need to block the finished cowl. I did not but if I had used a thinner ply yarn I most likely would have.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment